- To uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware normally use the Uninstall a Program tool in the Windows 7 and 8.1 control panel, or Apps & features in Windows 10. It uninstalls much like any other program.
- Follow the uninstall program’s instructions and restart the computer to apply the changes. Restarting is mandatory to unload the driver.
The product should now be uninstalled. In the rare case of an incomplete uninstall, you can use Emsiclean to remove any remaining traces of the program.
- Download Emsiclean from the following link: http://tmp.emsisoft.com/fw/emsiclean.exe
- Emsiclean will scan your computer for any files that may have been left over after uninstallation and offer the option to remove them. Don't elect to remove these traces at this time.
- Towards the bottom right, is the button "Close Emsisoft Clean". Click this button to close the program without applying changes to your computer.
- Emsiclean will save a log to your desktop when it closes (it will take a few seconds before the log appears).
- Open a support ticket from this page and attach the log that Emsiclean created. Specify in your message that you have followed this guide (following this final step allows you to receive advice from our experts before proceeding). It is also possible to proceed at your own risk without advice, however we bear no responsibility for any damage that may be caused by using this software without the supervision of an Emsisoft expert.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Emsisoft Emergency Kit is portable software, and doesn't install any files outside of its installation folder. By default, this is C:\EEK\
- Restart your computer. This will unload the Emsisoft Emergency Kit's driver from memory.
- Remove the installation folder, and any Emsisoft Emergency Kit icon from your desktop.
- Download and run Emsiclean from the following link: http://tmp.emsisoft.com/fw/emsiclean.exe
- Remove any entries that explicitly mention the installation folder; there might be none.
- Allow Emsiclean to reboot your computer if anything was found. Otherwise, you're done!
Emsisoft Mobile Security
To uninstall the application, please go to the device’s Settings menu, then choose “Apps” or “Application Manager”, search for Emsisoft Mobile Security and touch it to uninstall. Alternatively, you can search for the app icon on the application screen of your device, touch it and keeping your finger on the screen until you can move the icon, drag it into the trash displayed at the top of the screen.
You’ll need to disable Emsisoft Mobile Security as device administrator in order to uninstall the app. Please simply follow the messages during the uninstall process to do so. If you’ve already set up anti-theft you’ve also defined a pin code - you might need to enter this pin code to be able to disable Emsisoft Mobile Security as device administrator.