- User Guides
- Start on Windows startup - To prevent new Malware infections, it is essential that real-time protection is always enabled.
- Self-protection - Protects against any external modification attempts to Emsisoft's installation folder and configuration. It is recommended that you leave this option enabled.
- Captcha to authorize program shutdowns - Displays a challenge-response test to determine whether or not the user is human. This prevents automated termination of Emsisoft's real-time protection by Malware.
- Memory usage optimization - When enabled this option reduces the amount of RAM being used by swapping out non-active data (such as signatures) to the pagefile. On older computers this may result in system slowdowns. If you have sufficient RAM, you may wish to disable this feature to ensure maximum speed.
- Windows Explorer integration - Allows scanning of individual files or folders via the Explorer context menu (right-click).
- Windows Security Center integration - This setting could be disabled if this software runs side by side with other Anti-Virus programs that register in the Windows Security Center.
Backup and Restore Settings
- Import settings - Allows you to restore the General software settings, Application, Host rules, Permissions and Exclusions.
- Export settings - Allows you to save the General software settings, Application, Host rules, Permissions and Exclusions to a specified folder.
- Factory defaults - Opens a dialog where you can specify which settings (General software settings, Application rules, Host rules, Permissions, Exclusions) you would like to reset to their default settings. There is also the option to clear all logs and reset counters.
User interface language
- The dropdown menu allows you to define the language used for the user interface and alerts. Around 30 different languages are currently available.
Quarantine re-scan after updates
- The dropdown menu allows you to customize the re-scanning of quarantined objects after each signature update to identify any false detections (false alerts) and restore them if necessary. You can select from [Always], [Ask] or [Never].